Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
The professional and personal challenges, the high and lows, the failures and the success?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 400 past events in 100 countries around the world in 2011.
The non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, Washington but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in over 200 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
All participants who are registered have to attend Friday event at ISM University of Managment and Economics, 18 Arkliu st., Vilnius, Saturday and Sunday selected teams will work during Silicon Valley Comes to the Baltic event held in LITEXPO exhibition and congress centre, 5 Laisves avenue, Vilnius.
YOUR PLAN FOR THE WEEKEND
- Pitch – Friday evening
- Selected ideas development – Saturday and Sunday
- Prizes for the best – Sunday evening
- 1000 eur for the Best Startup
- 1000 eur for the Best Piece of Hardware
- 1000 eur for the Best Gambling Innovation
- iPhone 5S for the Best Mobile App
- iPad for the Best Tablet App
- 3xUnity Pro licenses (4500 USD value) for the Best Unity Game
- GameStick Kit for best Unity Game
- Xbox 360 + Kinect for the Best Pitch
- iPad Air for the Best Design
- Pixelmator Licence for designers registered
- Up to 5 Galaxy Tab 2 for Tasker improvement
- Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch tablet for the Best Game Designed with TutoTOONS
Check them here.
6 REASONS TO JOIN NOW!
- Test your idea and see if it works
- Find like-minded people and have fun, build the next Facebook team on the spot
- It will be fun. More than you could ever imagine
- Get out from the garage and show the guts for thousand people in LITEXPO
- Have a chance to win amazing prizes
- 15 top class entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley to coach you and your team
We would like to invite all of you to attend no matter if you are a hustler, developer, designer or business developer.
PLACE & TIME
This time StartupWeekend Lithuania will be held on 8th to 10th of November. Pitch session will be held in ISM University of Managment and Economics on 8th of November, on the 9th we will move to LITEXPO main stage balcony to be inspired to work of the Silicon Valley Comes to the Baltic.
HAVE A QUESTION?